Machine Locked up
Needle stuck down
Handwheel won’t turn
- if the machine is seized and will not move turn off the machine to prevent accidental damage or injury.
- Remove the needle, bobbin, and bobbin case if possible.
- If you are unable to turn the handwheel form the rear “always turning the handwheel counter clockwise” then we need to make sure there is no jam in the handwheel area. Check for cables or thread that could have wrapped around the handwheel.
- If the hand wheel is clear then we need to focus on the bobbin area of the machine.
- Check for any loose thread in the bobbin area, it may be behind the hook assembly, remove the needle plate and check for thread wrapped around the back side of the hook, the hook is the metal device that holds the Bobbin/Bobbin case.
- Once we have cleared out all the thread in the bobbin area and checked for any obstructions near the rear handwheel i.e. cables and loose thread try rotating the handwheel “counter clockwise” if you are standing at the back turn it to your left.
- If the machine is still locked up we would suggest contacting a local dealer to set up a time to have your machine serviced.