Edge to Edge using Drag and Drop
1. Select Design
- Select File tab.
- Press Design
- Press Open.
- Select Designs\HQ Designs\Continuous line\Clover Edge to Edge
2. Create an Area
- Select Area tab.
- Move machine to top left corner of the quilt.
- Press 2 Corner.
- Move machine to the bottom right side of the quilt throat space.
- Press 2 Corner again.
- The area now appears as a purple box, but it is not the complete quilt height.
- To adjust the area height measurement, enter the height of the quilt plus 2 inches in the sidebar.
- Press Refresh. The whole quilt area will be displayed on the screen in the purple box and the design is in the blue box.
3. Repeat Design in Area
- Select Repeat Tab.
- Press Fit under Horizontal in the sidebar.
Fit will repeat the design at it's original size in the area without skewing or stretching.
- To fill the area completely, add more horizontal or vertical repeats and then stretch horizontal and vertical.
- Press Baseline.
- Since the design was positioned by using the area, it is not necessary to reposition.
4. Quilting the Design
- Select Pro-Stitcher tab.
- Press Quilt.
- Select Tie-off and pull-up functions in the sidebar.
- Press Run.
- Press Proceed. The machine will move to the start point, take a pull-up stitch, and disable the motors.
- Bring up the bobbin thread, then press Resume.
- The machine will stitch the tie-off and continue on to stitch the design.
- Quilt Row 1
- After quilting row 1, the machine will tie-off and the motors will disable. Cut the threads.
- Looking at the quilt, move the machine needle to a point on the bottom of the design that just stitched out.
- Press the needle down button. This will drop the needle down into the fabric attaching the machine to the fabric.
- Press Drag. This will attach the crosshairs to the design (Crosshairs on screen represent the needle in the fabric).
- With the needle down in the quilt, release the clamps and advance the quilt until the next row.
- Check the quilt around where the needle is in the fabric to make sure it is not being streched or tugged by the needle. Adjust the machine position if necessary.
- Attach the side clamps
- Press Drag\Drop Button again to drop the design in place on the screen.
NOTE: Using the Drag/Drop function allows the design to reposition as the quilt is being advanced.
- Baste the side edges of the quilt in the new throat space.
- Row 2 is now positioned to stitch but you need to move the green circle Start Point to row 2.
- Press New Start & End.
- Press the down arrow for the Start Jump Points in the sidebar to advance the green circle Start Point to the beginning of row 2.
The machine will not do a pull-up stitch or tie off at the start point while in the run mode. Looking at the screen, move the machine to the start point by aligning the crosshairs with the green start circle. Manually pull up the bobbin thread, and stitch a tie off at the start. Make sure the needle is in the up position.
- Press Run.
- Quilt Row 2.
- Continue on, advancing the quilt and the design in the same manner till you finish.