Identifying symptoms include:
- Motor Error message
- USB error message
- No Echo Response Error message
- Motors not “engaging”
- Pro-Stitcher only traces or “ghost stitches.”
Troubleshooting and Diagnosis
When the Pro-Stitcher shows symptoms of a communication problem, the most effective solution to begin with is to ensure that the Machine and Pro Stitcher are in a “Pro-Stitcher Ready” state.
- Is the Pro-Stitcher in Simulation mode?
- Is the machine powered on?
- Does the Pro-Stitcher carriage have power?
- If the Pro-Stitcher carriage has levers, are they in the down position?
- Is the STITCH button enabled?
After the “Pro-Stitcher Ready” items have been verified, power off the machine and the Pro-Stitcher and reset all of the cable connections.
- Reseating of cables must be performed by DISCONNECTING the cable and reconnecting it. A visual inspection and or wiggling of the cable is not sufficient enough to ensure a re-established connection.
- Power Cords having a loose or poor connection are also a common cause of Pro-Stitcher communication errors.
- If the problem is intermittent and occurs during a stitch out, setting up a pattern and performing a “wiggle” test on individual wires to witness a failure can expose the problem.
- Verify that the cables and connectors are undamaged.
Motors will not connect. getting the S where the motor icon should be. Crosshairs will not move. Tried your suggestions, rebooted, checked cables.....no luck.
I had the same problem!! Asked my dealer and they said I was in Simulator mode. Go to Settings, Advanced, then there should be a Simulator On/off button, turn it off.
I have an Avante with pro stitcher. I am apparently losing connection between the two. I have shut down and unplugged machine, unplugged all cables and plugged them back in. When I touch the run button, the machine will not take the tie off stitch but the machine will move over then pauses, says to pull up thread, there is no thread to pull up because it doesn’t take that stitch. I have repeatedly tried to reconnect the motors and machine to no avail. Based on Facebook comments, this seems to be an ongoing problem.
Any help appreciated!
I am also having this problem. I was using it and every thing was going great...rolled it to the next row, and now is moves but wont stitch. I did all the trouble shooting according to the book. Called a friend who has the same machine, and even the dealer...no one seems to know what to do to help me. PLESE HELP!
I talked to Dawn, we got the problem solved.
I recently purchased Pro-Stitcher Premium for my Simply Sixteen. I can’t get the carriage to communicate with the pro-stitcher. Here are 5 lights on the carriage…what color should they be? On mine 1, 3 and 4 are yellow. 2 blinks green and 5 isn’t lit. I have a call into the technician, but he hasn’t responded. I also received the Pro-Stitcher Designer software. I tried to load it on my laptop, but I don’t think the complete file is on the thumb drive.
I purchased a Pro Stitcher and Forte at Christmas. The first machine would not work and my dealer had it replaced. I have a wonderful dealer Coastal Stitches in Destin Florida. They have spent hours trying to get all the issues between the Tablet/Machine working. This is my second machine and I quickly learned how to operate. I've started having Motor Error, USB Error, Stitch Changes to 50 vs 11 and others. I worked with my dealer all day on Friday (last week) to including unplugging, replugging, reloading software, etc. to no avail. The machine will be working and for no apparent reason just stops......PLEASE PLEASE PlEASE help. I've called Tech. Support and they have said they will call me back. I love the machine when it works.
Please sign in to leave a comment.