Identifying symptoms include:
- Motor Error message
- USB error message
- No Echo Response Error message
- Motors not “engaging”
- Pro-Stitcher only traces or “ghost stitches.”
Troubleshooting and Diagnosis
When the Pro-Stitcher shows symptoms of a communication problem, the most effective solution to begin with is to ensure that the Machine and Pro Stitcher are in a “Pro-Stitcher Ready” state.
- Is the Pro-Stitcher in Simulation mode?
- Is the machine powered on?
- Does the Pro-Stitcher carriage have power?
- If the Pro-Stitcher carriage has levers, are they in the down position?
- Is the STITCH button enabled?
After the “Pro-Stitcher Ready” items have been verified, power off the machine and the Pro-Stitcher and reset all of the cable connections.
- Reseating of cables must be performed by DISCONNECTING the cable and reconnecting it. A visual inspection and or wiggling of the cable is not sufficient enough to ensure a re-established connection.
- Power Cords having a loose or poor connection are also a common cause of Pro-Stitcher communication errors.
- If the problem is intermittent and occurs during a stitch out, setting up a pattern and performing a “wiggle” test on individual wires to witness a failure can expose the problem.
- Verify that the cables and connectors are undamaged.