Skip to main content

Motors stop 5 seconds into the design.

Comments

5 comments

  • Kimberly Sandberg

    Dear Tim & Wendy, 

    I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with Pro-Stitcher Premium.  So far I would say that you have done everything right - you've updated, checked all the right things, etc.  One thing I would recommend trying is to be sure to save your workspace before you start stitching.  You can always try opening up the file fresh and seeing if it will run like it is expected.  I would also recommend trying this on other designs - it may be an issue with this particular design.  If you find that is the case, we would recommend that you contact the seller you purchased it from and seeing if they can send it to you in a different format (you can use either qli or hqf with Pro-Stitcher.)  If you continue to have issues with this, please contact either Education or Technical Solutions at 801.292.7988 Monday - Friday, 8-5 MDT.  

    Best Regards, 

    Kim Sandberg

    Handi Quilter Studio Educator

    0
  • tim

    Hi Kim,

    I should have mentioned that I did in fact save the design (repeated) and workspace for just that reason.  The digital design seller, Intelligent Quilting, provides a number of different formats for each design you purchase.  Pro-Stitcher will open 3 of them.  So in addition to trying the hqf file I also tried the .txt version (also saving the repeated design and workspace.) thinking that would eliminate any weirdness that might be in the .hqf file (I thought .hqf might be a binary format but I just checked and it looks like it's a text file too).  This weekend I'll try a different design altogether. 

    The machine is at our weekend house so we only get to tinker on holidays or weekends.  If it turns out that I need to contact Technical Solutions I'll need to wait until the 26th (possibly 25th late afternoon) when we're there again on a weekday.

    Tim

    0
  • tim

    I just wanted to follow up on this so you knew the outcome if you interested.  I don't know what the issue was but it's no longer occurring.  Read on if you'd like to know what we tried.

    Two weekends ago we tried a design that shipped with the HQ machine, quilting in the margins on scraps where we do tension tests.  Quilted fine, no problem.  Then I tried the original design, not scaled but rotated 90 degrees and cropped to fit within a large scrap. Also, no problem.

    Last weekend we tried working on the actual quilt again.  I used the original design but added an extra horizontal and vertical repeat and scaled it down to fit.  We wanted a little tighter quilting anyway.  While we did have one motor error mid pass, several rows down, it was nothing like we originally posted about.  I think it may have been some lint that knotted the bobbin thread and prevented proper movement. 

    As far as I know the room conditions were about the same when we were having problems and not.  I only mention that since it was a mystery why it occurred in the first place.  ie. dismiss that it was either too hot or too cold during the first go.

    The quilting on a 105" square quilt took about 4 hours (not including setup which had done prior to the first post) and it turned out nice.  

    I don't know if other quilting manufacturer software is like this (maybe it is, I've never tried any), but one thing I really like about Pro-Stitcher is how easy it is to re-align the design to the quilt after a problem has occurred.  The auto feature on the new start/stop really makes it easy to recover.

    Cheers,
    Tim

    0
  • Kimberly Boisson

    Hello!  Thank you for this post!  I have been having the same issue on and off for a while.  I kept thinking it was a machine issue.  I’d check my cables, reboot the machine etc.  Today, when it happened, I stopped to think about your post and what I’d “done” to my pattern.  I realized I had resized a previously saved pattern but kept forgetting the basics of Prostitcher!!!!  I forgot the good old “baseline and save” after I had made additional changes to the pattern (I resized the width)!!!  I know better as I have been at this for a very long time.  So, after my machine error I instead stopped and baselined my pattern and then saved.  No more issues!!!!!  So, in the end the advice I need to remind myself is:  always baseline after a change and save!!!!!  Thanks again for your post.  

    0
  • tim

    Thanks for the reply.  I would have never imagined it could have been something with the design itself.  It hasn't happened to me since but now I'll know what to do if it does.  My guess is that I became frustrated and I know when that happens the best thing to do is save what you have and walk away.  So, it's likely that I saved but I probably did not baseline before I saved.  Maybe the act of saving and was what fixed us.

    Cheers,

    Tim

    0

Please sign in to leave a comment.

Powered by Zendesk