From time to time Handi Quilter releases a software update for our machines. This update feature enables you to take advantage of the latest new capabilities added to machines. When an update is released, download the updated file(s) to a USB drive using a computer that is connected to the Internet.
To Update your machine and display:
Touch the Machine Tools button in the Toolbar on the front display.
Touch the Update button along the bottom of the screen.
After downloading the updated software to a USB drive, insert the drive in the designated USB port on the bottom-right side of the front display. Look for the message in the bottom bar that confirms a USB drive has been inserted. If it doesn’t appear, reinsert the USB drive.
!IMPORTANT: If you are running the HQ Amara/ Forte from a Pro-Stitcher tablet computer, the Update screen has only the machine icon because you update the machine software only. The HQ
Amara/Forte display software is part of the ProStitcher software. Make sure you are also using the latest version of Pro-Stitcher.
Updating the machine software
1. With the USB drive inserted into the USB port on the bottom-right side of the front display, touch the machine icon to update the machine’s software.
2. You will be prompted to choose the file you want to use to update the machine software. Touch the Select Version box and then select the filename of the update file you downloaded.
3. Be patient as this will take a few minutes.
4. When complete, the machine will beep.
5. Restart the machine by powering it down from the machine's power button, and waiting 30 seconds before turning the machine back on.
Updating the display software
You will need to update the front and rear displays separately
NOTE: To update the rear display, insert the USB drive with the update into the bottom of the rear display. After updating, remove the USB drive from the display
1. With The USB drive inserted into the USB port on the bottom of the display, touch the display icon in the update menu to update the display's software.
2. Touch the Select Version box and then select the filename of the update file you downloaded. (The software version you downloaded may be different or more recent than what is shown here.)
3. When the message box appears, select New and Install
4. Be patient as this may take a few minutes.
5. When complete, the machine will beep.
6. Restart the machine by powering it down from the machine's power button, and waiting 30 seconds before turning the machine back on.